Sunday, February 12, 2006


I'm in a fragrance mood lately... I've been buying them like crazy this month. I've been rounding out my Comptoir Sud Pacifique collection, and finally got around to ordering my CB I Hate Perfume stuff and my first order from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab.

In all:

Escada Pacific Paradise
CSP Vanille Banane
CSP Vanille Pinapple
CSP Vanille Extreme
mark. Karmala
mark. Luxe Fever
mark. Hollywood Pink
Aquolina Chocolovers

CB Burning Leaves
CB Winter 1972
CB Russian Caravan Tea
CB Mr Hulot's Holiday
CB In the Summer Kitchen
CB In the Library
CB M1 NARCISSUS

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab (just Imp's Ears until I find out if I actually like them)
Black Forest
Hamadryad
Follow Me Boy
Whip
Asphodel
Black Tower
Tempest
Empyreal Mist
Leanan Sidhe
The Ghost
Omen
Hellfire

Did I go a little overboard?

The next one I'm gonna buy is Miss Dior Cherie. And then I think I'm done for a while...

I've never tried Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab before, but reading the descriptions of some of the scents really has me intrigued...

BLACK FOREST
This is the captured scent of a cold, moonless night, lost deep within the darkest wood. Haunting and desolate, this scent evokes images of fairy tale tragedy and half-remembered nightmares. Thick, viscous pine with ambergris, black musk, juniper and cypress.

THE BLACK TOWER
A sepulchral, desolate scent. Long-dead soldiers, oath-bound; the perfume of their armor, the chill wind that surges through their tower, white bone and blackened steel: white sandalwood, ambergris, wet ozone, galbanum and leather with ebony, teak, burnt grasses, English ivy and a hint of red wine.

EMPYREAL MIST
A hazy, soft, veiled scent: mist floating through twilit skies, curling gently towards the heavens.

HAMADRYAD
...Seven dry woods with mossy lichen and a gentle breeze of forest flowers.

LEANAN SIDHE
...Her perfume is a crush of Irish herbs and flowers, Gaelic mists, and nighttime dew.

OMEN
Deep, mysterious, and full of dark portents: oakmoss, juniper berry, myrrh and patchouli.

TEMPEST
A crisp ozone-tinged breeze. The scent of the first gentle rain before the storm.

THE GHOST
A thin, sinuous, creeping chill, the scent of glee-filled undeath: white iris, osmanthus, Calla lily, tomb-crawling ivy and a coffin spray of gladiolus, lisianthus and delphinium.

WHIP
Agony and ecstasy: black leather and damp red rose.

ASPHODEL
The grey and ghostly flower that fills the fields of Hades.

HELLFIRE
A swirl of pipe tobacco, hot leather, ambergris, dark musk and the lingering incense smoke from their Black Mass.


I really can't wait to smell some of these. I've had a craving for rich, woodsy scents and some of these sound incredible. We'll see, though. They were cheap, so no loss if I hate em!

Hopefully they don't all smell like headshop and stinky hippies.

Tomorrow is the Culturebloom event that I was invited to. I RSVP'd and they said they'd give me a confirmation call with a time slot, but they haven't yet... Ummm? It's tommorow and I'd like to know when I'm supposed to come. If not, I'm not too upset about missing it... I can wait three more days to get my hands on the collection.

I think I'll save my money for Sweetie Cake, since I just saw all the pictures of it. I think I like it better than Culturebloom now. Hopefully the quad isn't blah and boring like all the recent ones have been.

Boudoir Hues, I'm so disappointed in you. You too, Thunder Eyes. Laze Eyes, I'm not even gonna go there.

I actually don't feel the need to compulsively buy makeup right now. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers