Wednesday, March 23, 2011

R.I.P-KSU STUDENT: “JUST HOLD ON”

_MG_2075

 

Last night, I was home preparing dinner and I received a text saying, “Did you hear what happened on campus”? I responded “No”. Then my friend proceeded to tell me that a student was found dead inside her dorm room. Instantly my heart dropped, and tears began to roll down my face. This young woman wasn’t my personal friend, cousin, aunt, but her departure from this world took a toll on my heart.

I can’t imagine a mother having to I.D their child. My GOD!!! It’s sad when a freshman in college doesn’t make it to see their sophomore year. It’s a sad day at Kentucky State University. I know life is hard, Like Paul “I strive daily”. I strive daily to get one step closer to my dreams, one step closer to heaven, one step closer to God, one step closer to Love.

I don’t know what happened with this young girl, if her death was from natural causes or a suicide. All I know is she will be missed by her family and friends.

I want college students all over the world to JUST HOLD ON! Hold on to HOPE for it is the only thing we have to look forward to. Hold on to faith, Heb 11:1 now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen!

Sometime we got caught up in the bad day, we forget what TOMORROW could bring. Tomorrow is graduation, tomorrow is a healthier relationship, tomorrow is another chance at success, tomorrow is a day of correcting mistakes, tomorrow is your first child being born, tomorrow is your wedding, tomorrow is the key to your new Range Rover, tomorrow is the signing day to your new Home or condo.

If you feeling down and out, if you can’t shake the devil off your back, if your depression is wearing you down, PRAY, HOLD ON, AND SEE WHAT TOMORROW BRINGS.

REST IN PEACE YOUG LADY

Meaningful Blessings

Madam Prezident

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers