Sunday, November 6, 2005

I was remembering something earlier that happened a long time ago and it made me laugh.

My first experience with non-facial waxing.

I was a freshman or sophomore in highschool and just starting to get obsessed with beauty... I had seen a commercial for Nad's... remember that stuff? Nad's? Seriously, who the fuck names it NAD'S??

Anyway... My mom bought some Nad's (that just sounds so wrong...) and I was determined to try it... So, I didn't shave my legs for 3 weeks.

At that point in time I was miniscule 90 lbs and could wear pretty much anything I wanted. Mostly I wore a lot of short skirts with fishnets and combat boots. But... short skirts don't really go with unshaven legs.

I had to figure out how to hide my hairy legs and still be able to wear the clothes I always wore so no one would suspect anything! I tried the opaque black tights thing, and sometimes I could actually see the hair through them! Damn my dark-haired Italian genes!

At the end of three weeks I was looking more like a monster than a human, and I was super excited to try out my new Nad's (wouldn't you be?). I follow the directions precisely... Wash with the soap, dry, apply, and put the cloth over... Hold skin taut and pull in the opposite direction... RIP!

And I thought to myself..... Wow, I didn't expect there to be that much blood.

Since then I have become a waxing pro. No more accidental skin removal. It's interesting how we learn these things. I still prefer to shave my legs, and leave other waxing to a professional... But still, it's a valuable skill to have.

Oh yeah, Nad's tastes like sugar. They said on the commercial that it was edible, so I tasted it. Mmm... Nad's.


An article about me!

Except... Drugstore? Please.

You know, I could have bought another car with the amount I spend on makeup.

But cars don't make my lips sparkly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers