Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A few thoughts on an etailer I used to love.

Isle of Eden.

I used to adore Isle of Eden. The scrubs were the absolute best on the market. It seemed like I was ordering every week. I still have probably 25 scrubs stockpiled in my bathroom and I'm rationing them.

My last couple orders were disappointing. The last time I ordered was last fall, and my package got "lost". Customer service really let me down, basically explaining to me how the postal system works instead of actually helping me. That upset me quite a bit. What upset me more was that I had to wait a couple weeks before being able to get a replacement. Since they never sent me a Click and Ship notification on any of my orders, I had no way to know if my package was actually sent. I highly suspect that the original package was never shipped. I decided not to order anymore.

Fast forward to January. I saw some new items on the website and decided to place another order. A month after I order, I get my package. I get my scrubs and notice that they are a completely different texture than the scrubs I used to love. They're gooey, runny and not as scrubby. The scents were okay, but so light I could not distinguish what the were if I wasn't reading the label.

Why, oh why, did they have to change the scrub formula? It's funky. It was so much better before.

Onto another product gripe. The dream creams. They come in these retarded "chubby" pump bottles instead of a jar. These bottles are sucktastic. Not a single one of the pumps on my dream creams actually WORKS. Not only are they all broken, but the little stick part is too short to actually reach the bottom of the bottle. The bottles are ugly to boot. The dream creams have such a strong base smell (like styrofoam) that you can barely smell the fragrance. At first I thought it was just the scents I ordered, but after five dream creams I realized it was the lotion itself. The moisturization is excellent, but the containers, scent and price make me less likely to buy them again. They're quite pricey for a small amount of lightly scented lotion in defective shitty containers.

The new body butter is actually very nice. It has this weird, lumpy, spongy, brain-like texture that I love. It's a decent formula, but the scent I ordered is disappointing. I got Goodnight, Ruby but it just smells like plain 7 Strawberry Lane. I would definitely buy more body butter because the formula is great and it COMES IN A JAR.

Now, I don't hate Isle of Eden. I still like them. I think I have just fallen out of love with them. I had great experiences when I first ordered, but it's changed. If they would change the scrub formula back to normal and scent them more, I'd be compelled to order more often. It's very sad because at one point in time I had declared them my favorite etailer.

To sum it up in a list:

Pros: Variety of scents, Cute and professional labelling, used to have awesome scrubs, packaged nicely.
Cons: Slow turnaround time, confusing website, pricey, shitty pump bottles, discontinue collections too fast and without warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers