Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Got a package from Sephora thursday. It contained...





My Coral Rush Juicy Tubes Cherie!!! It only took them three tries.

I bought a smaller purse last month.

I'm one of those people who likes to carry everything they could possibly ever need at any given moment... Always be prepared, right? If you want to carry that amount of stuff, you need a purse that can accomodate that amount of stuff.

I switched over from my cute white leather bag to a knock-off Balenciaga bag. I know, I spend my money on what goes inside the purse. I'm too afraid to carry an expensive bag. It screams "STEAL ME!". Either way, it was huge and it fit all of my stuff.

It was so big, that when I bought something new, I could just put it right in my purse. After a little while... My purse became really heavy. I'm serious. Like 25-lbs heavy. I got tired of carrying such a heavy purse, but was afraid to give up carrying the amount of stuff I had in there. What if I needed that thing? What would I do without it?

It got to the point where I didn't care that much anymore. I bought a cute little bag from TARGET. Yep! Target. It's really cute. I don't care how much it cost. It's like... At work the other day Tara came in with her brand new $1800 Louis. I like the bag, but... What does she carry in it? Yeah, keys, phone, lipgloss. ONE lipgloss. So... you have a bag that costs more than you probably make in a month, but you don't have anything IN it. Uh, yeah. I like stuff. I don't care what I carry it in.

Ok, getting to the point here. I switched over to my small new bag and packed only the bare necessities: Keys, phone, wallet, checkbook, concealer, brush, 5 lipglasses, 5 MLS, lotion, OPI Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ, Nars Orgasm which doubles as my mirror, and one of those Tide to Go pens, that I never have when I need it.

I was doing okay on the bare essentials, but slowly began to accumulate more... stuff. One day I wanted to wear my Pink Icing Juicy Tubes, so I put that in there. Then I wanted to wear my Dessert Bunny gloss, so that went in. About 10 glosses later, my purse is starting to look fat. But I don't know what to take out! I feel like I need everything in there.

And so begins again the cycle of destruction. Little purse doesn't hold enough, switch to a bigger purse. Bigger purse is great, but doesn't hold enough. Switch to a large purse, and it's full. Large purse gets too heavy and it's back to the little purse....

I do this a few times a year. It's sad.

On a more beauty-related note, even though it's getting cold out, some of us still prefer to be shaved, waxed and plucked to utter perfection. And just because you're buried under layers of clothes doesn't mean you don't have some sort of irritation associated with that. The miracle product: Tend Skin. Seriously, this stuff owns. I don't know if I'd survive without it. Now matter how much razor burn or how many of those annoying little bumps you get from waxing... Tend Skin makes it all go away. Sometimes the same day you use it.

I sound like a salesman now. I'll stop. Bottom line: Tend Skin = Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers