Friday, October 21, 2005

Monday, October 24, 2005

Woohoo!

Today I got my MAC order... Holiday palettes.

Olive, Magenta and Teal eye palettes. Magenta and Olive Brush sets. Pictures to come.

I haven't gotten a chance to actually open them and play with them yet.

I think I was the first one to order, too. I stayed up till around 11 o'clock the night before release. I finally went to bed and asked K to call me if they went up on the site. About a half an hour later he called and I ordered away.

About 10 minutes later I got an email from MAC saying that Holiday sets were available for purchase on maccosmetics.com.

Awesome.

In other news... There's word of Marilyn Manson releasing a new fragrance in late 05 or early 06. What it smells like is anyone's guess. As long as it's not the smell of Urine, Jack Daniels and cheap weed, I'll probably buy it. It's also rumored that there is going to be a Marilyn Manson cosmetics line to follow. I thought he used MAC? Whatever. It sounds interesting.

I also heard word of two new fragrances that I have to have. Lolita Lempica L, which has been released but I have no idea where... Probably similar to the original (one of my personal favorites) with notes of cinnamon and vanilla.

And.... Aquolina Blue Sugar for men. This sounds interesting. I have the original Pink Sugar, but the idea of a man wanting to smell like cotton candy is... intruiging. Either way, I'll buy it when it does come out.

Jessica Simpson endorsed Dessert Beauty also has a new line out, available exclusively at... Oh God... Wal-Mart. Considering the target audience is 13-year-old girls, this seems to be an excellent marketing strategy.

I own pretty much everything in the high-end Dessert parent line, and a few things from the slightly nasty drugstore Dessert Treats line... I'm actually interested in trying the new "Sweet Kisses" line. The fragrances are Vanilla Cupcake, Strawberry Sorbet, and Creme Brulee. And nothing is over $20.

I've been ordering like mad from Sephora. I got an email a while ago for an exclusive 12-item deluxe sample thingy, and it was totally awesome. I thought I hated Hard Candy, but I got a mini lipgloss in that set, and now I think I have to have a full size one. Mmm.... chocolate cake.

Sephora also kindly delivered my Dior Hypnotic Poison (my new absolute favorite signature scent...), Britney Spears Fantasy (Don't laugh... it actually smells good.), Stila Mini Lipglaze set, LipFusion minis, Philosophy Muffin Man suitcase, Philosophy Cinnamon Buns lipshine, Lancome Juicy tubes and Juicy Tubes Cherie, new Sephora Piiink my Kiiiss set (don't ask me why it has three iii's.... I have mo clue), and a couple other things I can't remember at the moment.

November 10th is the release for the MAC holiday Temptations, which I'm anxiously awaiting. I missed them last year, I'm so getting them this year.

It seems like MAC is releasing a new collection every week now.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers