Sunday, December 3, 2006


I just bought Juicy Couture. I can't wait to have it in my well-manicured little hands. The bottle is absolutely beautiful. The notes sound like they'll sit well with me- they had me at creme brulee.

I try not to buy perfumes just for the bottle, but sometimes I can't resist. Hence, Dior Midnight Charm that really isn't me at all but looks pretty in my cabinet.

I can't decide whether or not I like Betsey Johnson's bottle design. I'm torn between incredibly tacky or cute and sparkly. Hmm. If it wasn't made of plastic it might be less tacky, but something about it is cute.

I'm not entirely about packaging. Some fragrances I love have ugly packaging. Comptoir, Philosophy, MAC, plain unappealing bottles.

I bought MAC Emeraldaire and Tarnished Love and I have no idea why. Total impulse. Luckily they don't smell awful, but they're not really me. MAC MV3 will always be my true love. I've had a difficult time finding something quite as perfect.

Some things I used to think were tacky I'm actually starting to love.

I've had a love/hate relationship with Bath and Body works. I couldn't think of something cheaper and tackier than all the Cucumber Melon-Country Apple-Sun-Ripened Raspberry scented masses of skanky little teens and such...

There were a few things I really liked from them way back then... Red Currant and Thyme Tea (still like it), Tangerine Spice (remember that one?), and oh, how I loved the Tutti Dolci line.

I remember when I went on the choir tour, Chrissy and I went into Bath and Body works and we discovered this new scent- Warm Vanilla Sugar. I sniffed it in the bottle and immediately bought some lotion. It was heaven for about 29 seconds, and then it went overpoweringly strong and gave me a massive headache. Sad.

Flash forward to now. I'm walking past Kristin's office and I smell something really good. Turns out it's B&BW Warm Vanilla Sugar lotion, and it smells nothing like I remember. It smells sweet, smooth and creamy, very surprising.

I actually am impressed. I bought a bunch of Warm Vanilla Sugar stuff- holiday shimmer lotion in the very pretty sparkly champagne gold tube, beautiful bottle of holiday shimmer mist, body butter... It layers well with my favorite fragrances and it's no longer the overpowering perfumy stench I remember.

The new Exotic Coconut is also very nice. Mourning the loss of Tutti Dolci, I discovered the new Temptations line and those are also shockingly not gross. Pecan Passion is really unique and nice. Pumpkin Pie Paradise smells nothing like pumpkin pie but it's good. Crazy Caramel Corn has a stupid-ass name but it really does smell like caramel corn. So what if I want to smell like food. It smells better than flowers. Tastes better, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers