Saturday, January 6, 2007

Inspired by the person who hit my blog by googling "GULP BPAL" yesterday:

Gulp is NOT BPAL. It is FeMaledictions and it smells awful. I wouldn't suggest buying it unless you want to smell like a greasy taco. Cause that's what it smells like. Tacos. And grease.

I wouldn't recommend FeMaledictions. I have nothing positive to say about that "company".

My two cents on FeMaledictions?

Shipping took forever, no turnaround time stated on the website, after responding to my first email there was no communication whatsoever and no response to my additional emails, the oils are very cheap in quality and not unique. The product I ended up with was cheap base oil visibly separated from cheap fragrance oil. The stuff won't even mix back together! Everything I ordered resembles a lava lamp.

Everything that I ordered was either too weak and greasy to smell, or smelled exactly like stuff I have ordered from other etailers. Unique my ass. I was missing an item that I ordered and it was replaced with something I didn't order. My box was filled with advertisements for companies that have nothing to do with fragrance or bath and body products.

The pros? Everything was labeled nicely and the "viles" are large. They're about twice the size of the standard 1/32oz vial.

Apart from other issues that arose after I had ordered, the website it an eyesore. It's so hard to navigate and the color scheme is not conducive to a pleasurable shopping experience. It is conducive to squinty headaches, though.


Now, BPAL (Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab) on the other hand is wonderful. Be prepared to wait a month or two for your order to be shipped. The product is well worth it. The best items, I've found, are the Limited Editions that are released quite often. Lunar oils, seasonal oils, special series such as Carnaval Diabolique.

Now, don't call me a BPAL fangirl, cause I'm not into that. What I will say is that BPAL is infinitely superior to pretty much all fragrance oil companies. The quality of the oils is incomparable. They are unique within the fragrance market (though a lot of the scents are similar to each other) and they are very often imitated.

Personally, I own over 300 (most likely more, I haven't counted in a while) different Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab oils. My personal favorites are: Monster Bait: Closet, Monster Bait: Underpants, Bliss, De Sade, Chrysanthemum Moon, Beaver Moon, Mme. Moriarty Misfortune Teller, Miskatonic University, Dorian, Snake Oil, Samhain, Trick or Treat, Snow White, Red Lantern, Jack, Loviatar, Vice, Jolasveinar... The list can go on forever.

What I would like to say to you if you are considering making a purchase from a perfume oil etailer is this: Do your research and make an educated purchase. Know who you are buying from and how they treat their customers. Without good customer service, a company is worthless. Why bite the hand that feeds you?


On the same tangent, I will, however, buy fragrance oils from bath and body etailers. I love to buy as many samples as I can just to see if I like the scents. I know full well that these places use pre-manufactured stock oils in their scents, and I am okay with that. The reason? They are not claiming to be unique, hand-blended oils, and they do not mainly sell perfumes. I am too lazy to buy stock oils and blend my own scents and make my own lotion and bubble bath or what have you. I would love for someone else to do it for me, and put it in a pretty package with a goofy name.

Wow, that was more of a rant than I planned. It's early, it's Saturday, I'm going back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers