Sunday, October 7, 2007

My Fyrinnae stuff arrived the other day... Wow, these are cool!

I can't decide if I'm excited or disappointed. The colors are all extremely awesome in the jars, and the sample sizes are more than generous.

I think I need to work with them a little more. They seem to lose something in application, and they don't seem to mix well with Fix+, Visine or Smashbox shadow converter.

Sadly, I don't think the Chrome is exactly what I've been searching for. It's too blue and grey, and only looks smooth if I use my fingers. I layered some Quebec City over it and it looked nice. Nice but not perfect. I need to try a few more times.

What I've noticed: It works better over Too Faced First Base than it does over Urban Decay Primer Potion. I haven't tried it with MAC Paint yet, cause I'm out of Stillife and didn't order any colors that go with the other paints I have.

It also looks better when you apply it wet, wait for it to dry and then brush over it with a very soft brush. Makes the chunky flaky look go away.

I am wearing Shrouded in Gold and Gilded Wings today and they are fantastic. Perfect texture. The shades are a little darker than I was hoping, but I can deal with that. I'm also wearing one of the color changing inks. I like the color, but the brush is funny and it's really watery. It smudges if you touch it, even hours later. As long as you don't touch it you'll be fine, but I hoped the color-change effect would be more noticable, like the old school Physician's Formula liners.

Oh, and by "may temporarily stain skin" they mean "will seriously stain everything in a 10-mile radius, sucks to be you."

What else was I going to say?

Urban Decay 24/7. Zero is the best black eyeliner I have ever used. Sorry, Engraved, you've been replaced. I've tried Lust and I was not impressed with that shade. It's not purple enough. When you apply it, it looks grey. Electric, however, kicks ass. It is VIBRANT and smooth and absolutely perfect. I'll get back to you when I've used the rest of the shades.

I ordered the Tarte We Wish You Wealth palette. I couldn't resist. I don't even like any of the colors in it, but it's just so COOL! It has so much stuff! Shadows, gloss, cheekstains (love those), liner, their crappy shadow base, lipstains... I'm sure I'll like something out of it. Tarte does seem to be a little hit-or-miss but hopefully this will be hit.

My nails are really cool today. Out The Door Northern Lights Silver topcoat over Misa Blueberry Glaze. It looks like the night sky. It's what I hoped Zoya Indigo would be.

Did Bare Escentuals change the foundations colors? I bought a new Fairly Light and it is a LOT darker than my old jar. I have them next to each other and there is no denying the difference.

I've been trying out a lot of different foundations. I love my Bare Minerals, but the color is weird now! Maybe I got a bad batch. I got a sample of Laura Geller foundation in my last Sephora order and I really, really like it. Fantastic Foundation or something like that? I normally don't like Laura Geller stuff, but this and the Wonder Wand are really worth having.

And, for the record, my face and neck ARE two different colors. Even without foundation. My face is sort of cool-toned and my neck is somewhat yellowish. What am I supposed to do about that? My foundation matches my face but not my neck. Should I put foundation on my neck, or match my face to my neck? It's annoying. Oh, my arms are two different colors, too. I'm a freak.

One more quick thing to mention: Neosporin. It's the best skin treatment ever! Normally I don't let vaseline or anything similar anywhere near my body, but something inspired me to try it and now I'm hooked. It heals any sort of blemish without drying your skin, and it's way faster!

My face will probably fall off from using it, but I'm not going to stop. It's cheap, effective and can be purchased anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers