Thursday, October 11, 2007

Tarte We Wish You Wealth Palette

My Tarte We Wish You Wealth palette is here! I don't have a camera with me, unfortunately.

This thing is huge. There's so much stuff.

Pros:
Eyeshadows are much better colors than they appeared online.
Eyeshadows are full size and seem to be good quality.
Tons of products!
Cute metallic purple packaging.

Cons:
Stupid design- the three-way folding thing doesn't work so well. You can actually gouge/scrape the liquid products with the corners of the palette. Did they even test this thing before they decided to make it?
All the glosses and lipsticks seem to be really dark. I understand the cheekstains being dark, but brown lipgloss?
No bright colors. All seem pretty bland, with a little shimmer.

I can't bear to use this thing yet. There's just something painful about touching a brand new product. I think I'll stare at it for a while and use it in the morning.

I also got the Shiseido brightening skincare kit. It comes in a very nice leather bag, but for some reason mine was opened and scotch-taped back together?!?! It looks like it was originally wrapped in plastic. The plastic was removed and the paper band describing the products was taped onto the bag. WTF, Sephora?

It doesn't seem like any of the products inside were used, but with skincare it's hard to tell. Only two products have safety seals and one was broken. Ummm....

I got Laura Mercier Secret Camoflauge in the second lightest shade and it looks way too dark. Arg. I guess I can always exchange it, but that's a pain.

Oh well... Off to drool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers