Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I love Chemicals and also The 90's.

As much as I've been so excited and obsessed with all this new nail polish (*cough*Ink*cough), I can't bring myself to use the new ones.

In fact, I've been using the old ones- sometimes really old ones.

I miss my chemicals. A lot. Hear that OPI and China Glaze? I LOVE TOULENE AND DBP!!!!!!!

Today my manicure is a variation on French. Sinful Pearl Harbor (which I somehow ended up with two bottles of...?) with China Glaze DV8 tips. I guess OMG collection is fairly new, but I've had Pearl Harbor for quite some time. My nails look awesome.

Yesterday was Sinful Show Me The Way. I just picked up a ton of Sinful polishes. They were on sale at Meijer for under $2, so I went crazy. I also found these awesome nail decals with little skulls and barbed wire and stuff.

I like Sinful. It's cheap, dries pretty fast, huge range of colors, and it reminds me of grade school. Sure, the bottles were way different, but man they used to be bad ass. I still have a super old bottle of Sinful from the early 90's. It's a pale blue silver color. I'll have to see if I can find it so I can remember the name. Something bean?

I also have an ancient bottle of Pure Ice nail polish. I miss the 90s. I used to love Wet N Wild Black Cherry nail polish. I wonder if they still make it? I also still love Wet n Wild Crystallic Blackest Green. It's over ten years old and still like new. I know for sure they don't make that color anymore. It's similar to Nars Zulu, but with a little frost to it.

Now I'm wishing that I didn't throw out all my ancient nail polish. It was a long time ago- at least five years... But now I want every single thing I threw away. I didn't realize a product like Seche Restore existed.

Among some of the things I threw away were L'Oreal (or was it Maybelline?) Matte finish nail polishes in gem tones. I still have one or two, but I wish I kept them all. That crackle nail polish that I think was Cover Girl. Beautiful By Nature nail polish (Bath and Body Works circa 1998?)... Hmm. This nail polish with music notes on it that was scented. It gave me a migraine. It was orange and smelled like oranges. I had an awesome iridescent Revlon one that I gave to Stefanie. It was blackish greenish purple gold. I miss it.

Tons of Sally Hansen, Wet N Wild, Sinful, Pure Ice, Revlon, Avon... At least Avon still makes most of the same colors.

Oh, the 90s. How I miss you and your horrid Calvin Klein scented masses, your disgusting brown lipstick and your really cool chokers. I miss my cookie dough scented perfume and my silver lipstick and my temporary tattoos.

I'm going to go put on some Sun Moon Stars, try to squeeze into my size 0, 40-inch-wide-leg JNCOs, listen to Bush and pretend like I hate the Spice Girls.

Gavin, Gavin, you hurt your hand.... Let's frolic naked in the sand... As I pat your hurtin' paw, you and I consume coleslaw...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers