Tuesday, March 25, 2008

MAC Heatherette Collection 2008 Rapid Review and Purple Polish Ponderings.

Wow, I'm lame. I got so excited about glitter that I forgot to mention Heatherette!

I got all of it except for the dual-ended pencils. The just didn't really appeal to me at all, and I really hate the Softsparkle pencils they did a while back.

I love this collection. I don't have Trio 2 yet, because MAC sent me two Trio 1s, but I don't mind having a backup. The colors in Trio 1 are perfect. Mood Ring is a blue I can actually wear without making my skin look green. All the colors go together, and they look especially awesome with Pink Pearl pigment.

I should do swatches, but I'm lazy and it's dark in here.

The packaging is amazing. It's so tacky. I love it. Hahahaha. It's really great quality, though, especially compared to that Fafi bullshit. I thought I'd end up with a crooked sticker again, but the Heatherette packaging is rock solid. No stickers. Thanks, MAC!

My nails today are China Glaze Grape Crush. I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's a nice enough color, but it could be more purple. Basically, it looks like purple polish with Wireless topcoat over it. I'm pretty sure this color is discontinued, but it can be easily duplicated.

It's similar to Orly Velvet Rope, but less purple and with holographic glitter instead of silver glitter. It's also a 3-coater. Frustrating.

I had the same manicure for a few days in a row. China Glaze A Rose Among Thorns with really awesome decals I found at Meijer. They have little bats, and skulls and one that says ROCK STAR. I had a skull and crossbones on one hand and a ROCK STAR on the other. It was cute. And no chips or tip wear! I did feel anxious wearing the same color for so long. I added OPI Fireflies on one thumb and Text Me, Text You on the other.

On my toes I'm wearing Essie Wild Thing. Man, what a boring color. I don't know what Essie's problem is. They make the most boring colors. I bought Wild Thing because of the glitter. It's so disappointing. It's a bland metallic nondescript berry shade with a little bit of multi-colored glitter. Looks much cooler in the bottle.

I mainly buy Essie because of the names... Meet Balls, Fondola Gondola.... Downtown Brown.... ( Why yes, I am a fifteen year old boy! ) I have a few that I actually like because of the color. Viva La Vespa, Laced-Up Bootie, A red with no label but quite possibly the most perfect red ever, Aruba Blue, Guchi Muchi Puchi... I think that's about it. I don't know how many shades of streaky sheer pink one person needs, but if you like streaky crappy boring nails, then Essie is the brand for you!

Oh well. Enough yapping for now. Time to go eat leftover Easter eggs. The best ones are the ones where the dye has soaked through the shell. Mmm, chemicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers