Sunday, April 5, 2009

Essie Love, Beverly Hills xx


Eek, I'm quite late in posting this! But hey, better late then never, right?

Essie Love, Beverly Hills xx

This is a vibrant glowing red with hints of gold shimmer that comes from the real 24 karat gold in the polish. Amazing formula and application, no running, dripping, streaking or bubbling. Dries quickly even without quick dry topcoat.


Here's Essie's official word on it:

"Trends come and go, but when it comes to making a statement, few brands know how to consistently pave the way for the fashion elite more than essie cosmetics—famous for its bold color palettes and trend-setting clientele, and Beverly Hills—a destination that has long dressed the movers and shakers of Hollywood. This coming awards season, essie and the Beverly Hills Conference & Visitors Bureau have teamed up to debut Love, Beverly Hills xx, an exclusive, limited-edition nail polish sure to land on every “Best Dressed” list from East to West, and turn heads along the way.

Love, Beverly Hills xx is an opulent red polish with an authentic shimmer thanks to the polish’s special ingredient: 24 karat pure gold. Just in time for Valentine’s Day and ready to twinkle on the red-carpet, Love Beverly Hills, xx has a subtle glow and perfectly compliments every skin tone.

“When I thought of the color red in Beverly Hills, I knew it had to dazzle,” said Essie Weingarten, founder and president, Essie Cosmetics, Ltd. “Love, Beverly Hills xx is what happens to red in Beverly Hills – pure 24 karat gold shimmer. We are thrilled to partner with the Beverly Hills Conference & Visitors Bureau to create this gorgeous color.”


Okay, as much as I love Essie, this line made me scratch my head a little- "
famous for its bold color palettes".... I'm not sure that Essie is the company that comes to mind when I hear "bold color"! Haha! But, as we've all seen, the Queen of sheer pinks and nudes seems to be breaking out of the 'safe color' box a lot more lately. I sincerely hope that this continues to be the case with Essie, as I really have fallen in love with their new improved formula and flawless brushes. I'd love to see more colors like Mesmerize, Greenport, Bermuda Shorts, Sexy Divide and so on....

Anyway, getting off track here... This limited edition polish retails for $18 on essie.com but I have heard that you can get it for half price on other sites which I have not personally had any experience with so I can't vouch for them. But, if you don't want to pay full retail, shop around, it's out there :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers