Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Revlon Intensifying Lashes

Now for a little change of pace...

I recently received the opportunity to try out several styles of Revlon fake lashes. I'm a big fake lash fan, but they're not an every day thing for me. However, some of the lashes I tried were so nice, I think I could make them an every day thing if I wanted to! Some styles I loved, some not so much. I'm going to start off with a review of my favorite.




This is the Revlon Intensifying lash. As you can see, it's a full strip lash with soft black lashes arranged in a very natural pattern. I would call these medium length. They're twice as long as my natural lashes but they're not so long that they're costumey or over the top.






I applied them with the glue included in the kit. When the glue was fully dry, I curled my lashes and applied two coats of mascara to blend the false lashes into my real lashes.

As you can see, this is a very natural look. Long, but not necessarily dramatic. I normally go for a lot more volume with my lashes, but these gave a really pretty wide-awake fresh look.

The band is nice and flexible and nearly invisible. It's a very thin band, which is good for three reasons. The first reason being that the lashes will conform to your natural eye shape and not try to fight with you, second is that the lashes look natural and not immediately noticeable as fake (a thick band is a dead giveaway), and third, they're just easier to apply with a thin band.

The hardest part for me when it comes to applying fake lashes is getting the inner corner of the strip to stay down. It's like I can never get enough glue on there and it always pops up and looks bad. It's more due to my application skills than the product itself most of the time, but a good strong glue helps.

The glue included with these lashes is decent. It is a bit on the watery side and doesn't form a very strong bond until it's 100% dry. The key to applying lashes is letting the glue dry for at least 60 seconds before putting them on, and that's what I did with this glue. It was still a little watery after 60 seconds but it seemed to work okay. It removes easily when it's time to take off the lashes. It comes off either with the lash strip or in one whole piece when washing your face.

Overall, I really love the Intensifying lash from Revlon. They're one of the easiest to apply lashes I have ever used (due to the flexibility and size of the band) and they're natural looking enough to be worn every day.

The only thing I didn't like about the lashes was the lack of density or volume, but I don't think this style of lash is meant for that. Mascara helped provide some of the missing thickness and I was satisfied with the way they looked after two coats. If you really want dramatic lashes, you can always apply multiple strips, and I might try that eventually.

If I had to give these lashes a rating, I'd give them a 4.5 out of 5. Love everything about them except for the lack of volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers