Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Zoya Summer 2009 Ooh-La-La Collection

The first part of Zoya's two-part summer collection is called "Ooh-La-La"- appropriate, because I'm pretty sure that's what I said when I saw them!

If you recall, I was given the Midori color dot in the blogger scavenger hunt- Midori is part of this collection of six bold metallics (shimmers, really) and it is *awesome*. I'll get to that in a minute. Just wanted to warn you of the hotness ahead of time so you can prepare, maybe sit down or stand near something soft so you don't hit your head on something when you faint.





Emme. Soft, girly pink pearl. Pretty, girly, delicate, feminine... Girly-girls and pink lovers will love this. Unfortunately, I'm not one of those! But I don't dislike this polish at all- just because it's not my style doesn't mean I can't admire a pretty color when I see one (on someone else! ;-) ). The pearl finish on this is especially nice.




Ginessa. Intensely shimmery white. This is a clean, bright, fresh white that you can wear without fear of looking like you've painted your nails with white-out. It's one of those Zoya shimmers that I love- not quite glitter, but large irregular-shaped and somewhat flakey shimmer particles. This polish has an unusual texture- it's thick but... airy? Squishy? It's almost like it's whipped... Peculiar! This is similar to Nicole You're A Star.




Goldie. Rich, shimmery yellow gold. This looks like molten metal. Not a polish for the faint of heart- it's loud, bold and flashy. Awesome. This is more of a yellow gold shade than other golds I have. Goldie is unlike other metallics that can drive you insane with visible brushstrokes. It's smooth and buttery.




Katy. Bright fuchsia pink with blue/purple shimmer. The shimmer in this polish is fascinating- it looks like a combination of silver and pink in the bottle, but on the nail it looks like a blue-purple flash. It's kind of a bright 80's Barbie pink color that's begging for a zebra-stripe Konad design!




Midori. Vibrant, shimmery green apple green. AHH!!! Isn't it SO COOL?! It is a lighter shade of spring green that leans yellow and it's packed with gold shimmer. But... It's GREEN!!! Thank you, Zoya! It looks like candy. It also bears a strong resemblance to a certain discontinued green that everyone loves... *cough*Moonpool*cough*




Tallulah. Medium electric blue with multi-toned shimmer. Easily one of the best blues in my collection. It's bright but not too bright- a lot of bright blues are either too sky blue or too turquoise, but this is a nice medium shade. It has very unique shimmer- the shimmer looks blue-green from straight on, but at an extreme angle it's purple. Very subtle, but it's there if you look for it. This is not a twin to Color Club Pure Energy, but they could definitely be cousins.

These pictures are all three coats of polish. Most really only needed two, but I did three anyway. Goldie, Emme and Ginessa were the sheerest shades of the bunch.

The formula on these is excellent as usual. Smooth, not too runny or too thick, no bubbles, no streaks. Pretty much perfect. Only Ginessa was a little weird- I've never encountered a polish with such a light, airy texture before! All dried quickly to a shiny finish even without topcoat.

Overall, I'm thrilled with this collection! Midori and Tallulah are amazing. Emme and Ginessa seem a little out of place with the other bold, bright colors in this collection. Ginessa is really cool, I wouldn't replace it if I had the choice. Emme could have been a nice bright purple, but I know you have to have a pink in there for all the pink lovers. And there are a lot of pink lovers. I know, because I think I can hear them collectively screaming at me from all over the world every time I bash pink- "PINK RULES YOU STUPID JERK STFU!!!!!!!" But Katy is pink.

Stay tuned for the second part of Zoya Summer: La-Di-Da, a collection of six bright cremes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers