Sunday, January 4, 2009

Hot Topic Iridescent Purple: This One Goes To Eleven.


Hot Topic Iridescent Purple (no name, no label, website listed it as Iridescent Purple so that must be the official name. )

There are just some colors that make me stop dead in my tracks and stare. Sure, there are hundreds of colors that I love, but only a few that make me drop whatever I'm doing and exclaim, "HOLY S#!&^!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Hot Topic Iridescent Purple is one of them.

Unfortunately, this polish is impossible to photograph. I absolutely can not figure out how to capture its glory on camera. The picture above makes it look blue, but it is actually many shades of purple. Not blue at all. It also looks flat and not very shimmery in my picture. In real life it is so shimmery and sparkly, it looks like it's alive. It moves and twinkles and changes from light to dark purple, a little red, a little blue. It's like everything I love about OPI Ink, but amplified.

It's OPI Ink on steroids.

The only downside to this polish is the horrible bottle and brush design. The bottle looks cute, yes, but it's nearly impossible to use. The brush stem is long and skinny and the brush itself is a short, mop-like thing with uneven bristles that stick out at every angle. It's like trying to apply polish with a wet Shih-Tzu. Aside from the brush being messed up, the brush stem is so long that it's hard to remove the excess polish from it, which causes it to drip giant globs of polish onto your hand while you're using it. The bottle is also tall and skinny and has a wide mouth, which makes it ridiculously easy to knock over and spill all over everything.

Despite the hilariously bad bottle and brush design, this is one of the most perfect polishes in existence. I love it so much I even bought a backup, even though it's extremely rare for me to use enough of a polish to warrant a second bottle. I never get tired of looking at this color.

And best of all?

It cost me a whopping $1.49.

Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers