Monday, February 2, 2009

Checking in and thoughts on drugstore polishes.

Hey guys! I just wanted to let you know that I have been pretty busy lately and haven't been near my computer as much.... So, if you've sent me an email or left a comment here, I'm not ignoring you! I'll respond as soon as I am able to.

While I'm working on a big batch of requests, I thought I'd leave you with one of my favorite drugstore polishes.

I know, I don't usually have very much drugstore stuff on here, but that's not because I don't love it! The truth is, I love my drugstore stuff almost more than I love the higher-end stuff. I don't usually post about it, though, because I know that the brands are not available everywhere and I never know how to answer the inevitable "where can I get this if I live in _________" question.

But, weirdly enough, I love old discontinued drugstore stuff infinitely more than anything that's been released recently. It's nostalgic for me, and I am always hunting for the polishes that I used to have but gave away / lost / threw away many years ago.


Wet N Wild Speed. This one's a fairly new release, I picked it up at a CVS last fall. A spectacularly gorgeous iridescent purple with a subtle golden glow. This is similar to both OPI Ink and Hot Topic Iridescent Purple. This is truly purple as well, not blue in some lights like some purples. Just pure purple sparkly iridescent goodness.

I'm thinking about doing a lot more posts on drugstore brands and nostalgic polishes. I'm getting quite bored of focusing mainly on new collection after new collection- though I do love new polish (a lot!!), old polish needs some love too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers