Thursday, February 12, 2009

Too Excited Not To Swatch: Rescue Beauty Lounge Spring/Summer 2009

For economically challenged Glamazons. Link

Even though the sun was only out for about six nanoseconds today, I just had to try to swatch these. I even tried to do it with artificial light, but I broke the lightbulb in my lamp! I am just way too excited about this collection to wait for the perfect time to swatch. I am obsessed with these polishes!!

So, keep in mind that these are somewhat rushed.

Also, be sure to check out The Nailphile's swatches of these, as well as All Lacquered Up's coverage of this collection!

Ji Baek describes these polishes much better than I can: "They sparkle like little diamonds."

That's the truth- these are some of the sparkliest glitters I have ever seen. And since they're all jewel-toned, it's just like having gem-encrusted nails!


Here are the bottle pictures again, in case you missed it:




Locavore, Frugalista, Look Rich, Be Cheap



Look Rich, Be Cheap. A mix of gold and purple glitter. In certain lights, the gold is more dominant, like this picture. In other lights, the purple is more dominant. Super cool. I think someone said this reminded them of Mardi Gras, and I'd have to agree!



Frugalista. Gunmetal shot through with purple glitter. Man, I love this. It's a silvery gunmetal, more silver than grey and a bright flashy purple. Like Look Rich, Be Cheap, the silver or purple will be dominant depending on the lighting.



Locavore. Top photo is sunlight, bottom photo is dim indoor light. A dazzling combination of gold, green, blue and silver glitter. It looks like a treasure chest full of gemstones! A pirate's booty. The emerald green shade is dominant, but the golden glitter takes on an almost celery-green shade next to it! The purple adds mystery and depth and the blue really compliments the green. This is one of the most perfect glitter polishes I own- it's entirely unique! I don't have a single polish like this, even with the hundreds of glitters I own.

This collection is just incredible. It makes my heart skip a beat! I'm a die-hard glitter fan, so I nearly fainted when I saw these polishes!

If I get a chance to take better, sparklier swatches I definitely will. These polishes deserve it.

I still can't calm down about these- this is the most exciting collection I've seen all year! I don't know how anyone's going to top this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers