Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day Manicure Ideas from Nicole by OPI

Tomorrow is Valentine's day... Have you decided on your Valentine's Day mani yet?

I haven't! I'll probably do something really cheesy with hearts and cherubs and glitter, but I can't decide!

If you're still looking for ideas, Nicole by OPI released some really cute colors for Valentine's Day.


Have A Heart, Love Your Life, I've Got The Power, Keep It Real


I apologize in advance for the quality of these swatches. It was rainy and dark when I took these pictures, so they're a little dark and blurry. The colors are still accurate to real life.



Keep It Real. A really pretty metallic bright red. The metallic finish on this polish makes it look really glowy!

And, for a little more fun, layer it with Have A Heart!


Have A Heart over Keep It Real. Have A Heart is a clear base with a slight reddish tint, but it's loaded with iridescent pastel glitter and red heart-shaped glitter. This is one coat, but if you want more glitter, you can build the amount with additional coats.


I've Got The Power. A metallic magenta! Super hot, and very similar to the discontinued Urban Decay polish O. I love metallics. This is quite flashy.

Not cool enough? Try layering it with Love Your Life!


Love Your Life over I've Got The Power. A clear base with pink tint packed with iridescent pastel glitter and baby pink heart shaped glitter. Yes, I know this picture is very blurry, but it shows the flash of the glitter better that way! You can see that it changes from orange to blue to light green, purple, pink, whitish... So pretty. The glitter in Love Your Life is a lot more dense than in Have A Heart, so just one coat is necessary for a twinkly, fairy-like glitter look.


Now, there is a trick to applying these. First, apply as many coats of the polish as needed to achieve the glitter look you want. Some of the hearts may transfer onto your nail, but most likely they won't.

Next, take a toothpick and go fishing for hearts. It is much, much easier to pick them out of the bottle with a toothpick or an orange stick than it is to try to paint them on with the brush. Get the heart onto the end of the toothpick and gently press it onto your nail. You can play with placement a little bit, but if your polish is wet I wouldn't try to move it around too much.

Repeat with as many hearts as you want and then seal it with your favorite topcoat.

I think these are super cute and I adore the fun shaped glitters. I wish they would do more of these! How about a green shamrock-shaped glitter for St. Patrick's Day? Maybe little Christmas trees or stars for winter?

Anyway, metallics plus iridescent glitter equals totally eye-catching nails!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers