Sunday, February 15, 2009

Red Glitter

I hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day! I did. I ended up keeping my Nicole I've Got The Power topped with Love Your Life mani from my previous post. I love it so much, I'm still wearing it. This polish wears like iron- I did my mani with no basecoat or topcoat and three days later it barely has visible tipwear and is still smooth and shiny. I'm impressed!

I was thinking about doing a red glitter manicure for Valentine's Day. I am not really a red person, but I love red glitter. There's something about it that's just so pretty and interesting.

One of my favorites is actually a Maybelline polish: Red Comet.




Isn't it pretty? You might need to view it in full size to see the glitter.


Another favorite of mine is Color Club Ruby Slippers:



Not to be confused with another lovely red glitter, Essie Ruby Slipper:




Most red glitter polishes seem to come out around Christmas time, but this one was made for Halloween:



Fright Night Claw Polish Spellbinding Top Coat in Voodoo.

Some of my most favorite red glitter polishes take it to the next level with holographic glitter instead of red glitter in a red base.


Ulta Jingle Bell Rock.



L'Oreal Bijou Crystals B. Daring.


Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Golden Tourmaline. Technically it's a straight holo and has no glitter, but it's sparkly so it counts, right?


These are just a few of the red glitter polishes in my collection. They're just so beautiful, I can't resist them! They look like fire on your nails, or glimmering rubies. They're fascinating. If you're like me and not really into plain red, you might feel differently about red glitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers