Monday, May 5, 2008

The color of money.

Wow, I apologize for the lack of interesting posts. To be completely honest, I've been busy playing FFVII: Crisis Core. And, after this post, I intend to play it some more. But don't worry, I'll return to blog again! (Not that anyone was worried. )

I'm getting ready to do a massive amount of pictures (any requests?), but in the meantime, I thought I'd give my opinion.

Personally, I am not jumping on the "Green" wagon. I'm not "going green" with my beauty products, nail polish especially.

I mean, sometimes (most of the time) it seems like one big scare tactic or advertisement- Buy THIS nail polish or you'll get CANCER!!! Your other nail polish is TOXIC and you'll DIE and the earth will IMPLODE and millions of people will DIE!!!! Our nail polish will keep you from dying and save the universe (see the green font and the bunny picture? We mean business!)

I really miss my nail polish with "deadly toxic chemicals." It was so much better with them - smoother, thinner, easier to apply, lasted longer, dried faster, et cetera. I hoard my old OPI polishes and I'm always looking for more.

Sure, I'll still use the new "big 3 free" polishes, but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it- it means I don't have a choice! You may even catch me adding toulene-rich thinner to them. But, big 3 or not, I'll always love nail polish. I just hope this whole guilt-trip/scare-tactic advertising trend dies down.

If you need me, I'll be cutting down trees and burning a pile of tires in my backyard while applying aerosol hairspray and breathing deadly, earth-destroying carbon dioxide fumes into the ozone.


Just kidding - except the carbon dioxide part. A girl's gotta breathe. :)

(I'll really be playing FFVII Crisis Core.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers