Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Nubar

This is my first experience with Nubar polishes, so I think I'll do a little review.

Service, overall, was slow and with very little communication.

The polishes themselves are awesome. The formula, which is 3 free, seems nice and smooth but still has that annoying dripping problem that 3-free polishes have.

The range of colors is excellent, and they have enough of glitter and duochrome shades to keep someone like me happy.

The bottles are great, a unique yet stable shape with a comfortable, wide lid.

Enough talk, on to the good stuff.


Angelic Glitter. Not the most flattering due to the yellow tint, but would be awesome layered over just about anything.


Gilded Gold. I love this. You probably can't tell from the picture, but there are little gold glitter shapes in it. Like little triangles of foil, they catch the light and reflect like crazy.


Golden Glow. I'm not sure about this one... This could possibly be the most unflattering polish I own. I love the holographic gold glitter. I think this one would be best for layering, unless you have the patience to do 20 coats.


Gold Leaf. This is incredible. It's an extremely strong gold/bronze/copper duochrome. It glows so much you'd think it was lit from within.


Grass Green. Lots of very fine green glitter. I love this. It's oddly smooth for a glitter polish. This is three coats.



Indigo Illusion. It's blue/green/gold/purple. Need I say more?



Iris Dust. It seems to be a purple/orange duochrome that changes a lot depending on how the light hits it. Yes, those two pictures are of the same color.


Love Rainbow. In the bottle it looks like blue/pink/silver duochrome, but on the nail it looks kinda blueish silver. My only true disappointment out of the bunch.



Peacock Feathers. This is the one that made me try Nubar. It's amazing. Sometimes it's purple, sometimes it's blue, sometimes green or gold. It's freaking amazing. The lovely Makeup Alley member Love8Brain has much better pictures of this.


Purple Beach. It's futuristic looking, isn't it? It's purple/green/gold/grey.


Purple Rain. it's dark purple with multicolored and holographic glitter. No Prince jokes required.


Sour Candy. Very cool turquoise jelly tint with holographic glitter.



Stardust. Can you tell I have a thing for duochromes....


...And glitter? This is Sugar. Hot pink jelly with holographic glitter of varying sizes.

Last, but not least, they threw in a bottle of this color (as well as base coat and quick dry top coat)


Sexy Red.


What do you think? Are these cool or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers