Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Kat Von D for Sephora looks disappointing, but I love my Clarisonic, BeautyBlender and Nail Polish

I watched the video about Kat Von D's new Sephora-exclusive makeup line. Man. I was starting to get excited about it when I heard it was in the works, but now that I've seen it I'm disappointed.

The colors shown in the video look very blah, the packaging is probably the only thing Kat designed (well, I guess she chose the names too...), it just looks cheap and pretty much exactly like Sephora's house brand stuff, which is terrible.

What's worse, is Kat's makeup in the video was awful. She usually looks amazing, but for some reason she had bleeding lipcolor, unblended eyeshadow, striped blush, what appeared to be nothing but black smeared around her eyes, and no mascara!!!

You just can't take MAC away from a girl. It's a crime.

Have I mentioned how much I love my Clarisonic? Cause I love my Clarisonic. A lot. Maybe too much.

I also tried out my Beautyblender yesterday and I'll just say it's the king of all makeup applicators. It's nothing like any sponge or foundation brush I've ever tried and it really gives the most absolutely flawless finish ever. If you wear foundation, you need one of these. Seriously. This thing is insane.

What else... I have worn a few of my China Glaze Eco polishes and, well, blah. Boring. I hate the formula. It's gooey. Stupid Big 3 Free polishes. Give me back my chemicals!!!!!

I'm more impressed with the OPI India ones than I thought I would be. I wore Royal Rajah Ruby and it's a fantastic color, somewhat similar to Midnight in Moscow. I like those dark-but-not-black shimmery colors. I broke down and bought a few more India polishes- Elephantastic Pink, I'm India Mood for Love, Curry Up Don't Be Late, Charmed by a Snake and and Moon over Mumbai. I have a problem.

Today I'm wearing CND Toxic Perfection because I've been craving all things coral. Coral blush, coral eyeshadow, coral lips, coral nails... Not all at the same time, but still. Coral. I really like this color, but I think it needs something. I'm probably going to add some Gold Lang Syne over it in a little while.

This is the first Creative / CND that actually dried in under 24 hours. I think it was completely dry in 8!!! Wow, it's a new record!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers