Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Lancome L.U.C.I - W.T.F ?

I keep seeing people saying that the Lancome L.U.C.I stuff is too dramatic and weird, so allow me to say something based on my use of the product:

It's not. Really. At all.

Seriously. It's not "photonic", it's pink. The special "photonic" shadow is just a pink/white duochrome. Like MAC Helium pigment, but chalkier and sheerer and smaller and crappier and not as cool.

Here's what Lancome says about it:
Light Color in Motion Eye Shadow Duo
This stunning shell-shaped eye shadow compact holds two shadows, a beautiful bronze and a photonic shade -- new technology pigment shadow. The iridescent color, like that found on a butterfly’s wing or a bubble, is the result of an optical phenomenon where hues of an object change color based on light interference and viewing angles. Use the photonic shadow over the bronze color to create a unique third shade, or use the photonic shade on its own to create a luminous look.
Right, like a bubble.

I fell for the advertising hype, and now I have a useless but cool looking eyeshadow sitting on my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers