Wednesday, February 6, 2008

LaVanilla Vanilla Coconut and Estee Lauder Youth Dew

It's a snow day and I have nothing better to do, so I'm gonna blog.

Lavanilla Vanilla Coconut healthy body butter is just so good... I can't comprehend how perfect it is. I've used half of the 8oz tube already and I never finish things!

The scent sticks with you all day. Even after I've washed my hands a bunch of times I can still smell it. The formula is great, sinks right in, isn't sticky or greasy and actually leaves a velvet sort of feel to your skin.

I'm in love with it. I need to buy the EDP, but I was waiting for the roll-on to come out. I already have Vanilla Grapefruit and Pure Vanilla, and neither of them are half as good as Vanilla Coconut. It's definitely bottle worthy, so I might as well just get it. Maybe I'll wait until they do the two pack EDP and body butter like they have with the others.

I think I'll talk about perfume a little bit. I'm wearing Estee Lauder Youth Dew on my wrist right now, and I know that probably seems shocking. Youth Dew is one of those bad reputation fragrances that is really love or hate for most people. I don't know why it gets such a bad rap most of the time. It actually smells quite nice when applied lightly, but I definitely understand that it's a very dated smell, very "grandma" if you will. The scent reminds me of my Grandma's bathroom, or her clothes or some smell associated with her, and it's quite comforting. It's definitely a scent that a grandma would wear, and that's probably why most people see it as an "old lady" fragrance. Personally, I like it. I don't know if I would wear a full application of it, but spritzed lightly on my wrist it's a great comfort scent and I think it smells nice.

I went to vote with my mom yesterday and she told me that my Bois Farine smelled like baby powder. What's up with that? Why do people think everything smells like baby powder? I think it smells like sandalwood and flour and flowers and wood.

My mom thinks everything smells like Chanel or baby powder or hippie, and sometimes bathroom air freshener. I love my mom.

Right now I'm loving Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab Glowing Vulva at Ryogoku Bridge. Wow, that sounds weird. If you can get past the name (I think it's great) it's an incredible scent. I really need a second bottle before it disppears.

Time to make more coffee. Then more blogging. I know, you're all just so excited.

Oh, by the way, googlers, I believe that the spray foundation Carmindy uses is Classified Cosmetics Era. You can get it at Sephora. Dior makes one, too. You can get an actual airbrush and airbrush foundation from MAC Pro, but the stuff in the can is cheaper and easier to obtain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers