Monday, December 29, 2008

Claire's Mixables and random fun poll.

I've been dying to see those Claire's Mixables ever since I first heard about them... You know, those polishes that have three colors in one bottle and are supposed to be a surprise color? I hate going to the mall and haven't worked up the nerve to go there and look for them, so I had just about given up on them.

However, my awesome mom got me a couple for Christmas! I have the best mom in the whole world :)


Jinglebell. It's a Christmas-themed polish! Sweeeeeet! It has a top layer of white, middle layer of light green and the bottom is red glitter. The bottle says DO NOT SHAKE, but I had this laying on its side and the layers got a little messed up. I don't think it had any effect on the polish. The color just seems to be white with some red streaks. I don't know how these work.... I would think the colors would end up all mixed up anyway, but they aren't! Crazy. It blows my mind.


Mixable. Yes, apparently that's the name. It has a neon green top layer, a bright yellow middle layer and a bright blue layer on the bottom. The polish applies as a neon green with some yellow streaks. This picture isn't really color-accurate because I couldn't get the neon green to photograph properly. It's more along the lines of Color Club Limelight- bright, glowy, vibrant neon green.


I can not for the life of me figure out the secret to these. How do they not just mix together?! When I look in the bottle, all I see is the top color with a few streaks of the middle color. Even swirling the brush around doesn't give me a mixed color. How do they do it?! I think my brain is going to explode!!

Despite their mysterious nature, they are still really awesome. The polishes apply very well. The white is nice and opaque, smooth and not too chalky, and the green is your average neon green that dries quickly to a matte finish. I would definitely get the rest of these if I ever got the chance to.


On a totally unrelated note, I've been thinking. You guys all come here and listen to me babble about what I like and what I don't like, and it's all me all the time, right? Well, I want to hear about you! I've met so many other nail fanatics since creating this blog and I never would have guessed that there were so many people who like nail polish and makeup as much as I do.

So I swiped one of these online poll things and added a couple of my own questions just so I could get to know my awesome readers a little better.

Post a comment with your answers, and I'll post mine here!

What is your favorite food?
I don't think I can pick one favorite, but I really love vegetables, steak and pumpkin pie.

What is your favorite season?
FALL!!! I wish it could be October all year.

What is your favorite color?
I can't pick favorites!!! I really like purple, though.

What is your favorite animal?
Well, I can't think of a single animal I don't like, but I'd say dogs are my favorite. I really, really love dogs. I also have a soft spot for rodents.

What are your top five favorite songs at the moment?
Iced Earth - Wolf
VNV Nation - Rubicon
Finntroll - Trollvisan
Das Ich - Schwanenschrei
Grendel - Nothing Like Senses
Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains - Thai Noodles
Wumpscut - War
(I can't pick just five!! Arrrgh!!! )

If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would you go?
Japan!! Then Germany, then Finland, Norway, Sweden... Actually, I'd love to go everywhere. I want to travel the world!

And one last question...
How did you find my blog?
Well... um... I write it.... XD

Can't wait to see your answers :)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers