Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Failure



I've been debating whether or not I wanted to post this, but I think I should. So, here goes.

You all know how much I love doing reader requests, right? I do. However, I've gotten a few that I've just totally failed. Pictures didn't turn out right. My photography sucks.

If you've been waiting on a request from me that I haven't fulfilled, I didn't forget about you. I'm just a big freakin' failure! Arghhhh.

Here are a few of the requests I've totally bombed on:

China Glaze OMG collection along with the rest of the Kaleidoscopes: I lost them! I can only find the couple that I use regularly. I have no idea where they could be. I have re-purchased the whole set of both, so I should be able to finish this request soon.

Mood Polishes: I have a bunch of these, and one day I sat down to photograph them all. Problem is, only one of them actually changed colors. I must be doing something wrong. The one that changed colors is up on NailGal (I think it was Toma Green Glitter to Gold Glitter?), but the other pics ended up in the trash. Anyone have any experience with mood polishes? Do they just stop changing after a certain age, do they go bad? I even put my hands in hot water and cold water and nothing.

Dupes for CND AB Positive: This one seemed easy, but I haven't actually been able to find a bottle of AB Positive or even a picture of AB Positive to compare things to! And on top of that, I find it next to impossible to photograph reds properly- they end up all weird and radioactive looking. Does anyone have this polish, and if so, can you take a picture of it for me? Pretty please?

Essie Bridal Collection 2008: I have had this sitting on my kitchen counter waiting to be photographed for months. I think it even has dust on it now. I have a hard time photographing sheers like those because they always come out looking white instead of whatever shade of off-white they are in real life. I'll have to try harder on this one.

Sally Hansen Nail Prisms / Other Duochromes: These are just really hard to capture and I haven't been happy with any of the pictures I've taken of these. I'm still trying to figure out what type of lighting and angle works best to show the multichromatic properties of these. Right now I've only been able to get one color in a picture, and that's lame.

Neons: These are the hardest things of all to photograph. Orange and green are the most difficult. I have a few great shots of a variety of neons- the Color Clubs, the Misas, the Essies- but I think those were just luck. I've tried quite a few times to get entire hand (not just 'skittles') shots of the China Glaze neons, the New York Summer neons and all the other random neons I have in my collection and they pictures just come out bizarre and warped and freakish looking, like nuclear nails on charred black fingers. I'm still practicing photographing these.

There are a couple more requests that I haven't been able to get just right, but you get the idea.


So... there. I did it. I've admitted failure, but not defeat! I haven't been able to get these pictures right yet, but I'm going to keep trying until they're perfect! Thank you for all your requests and also for your patience. You guys ROCK!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers