Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Zoya Fall 2008: Pulse and Vibe Collection Swatches

Quick and dirty swatches of Zoya's Pulse and Vibe collections.

VIBE

Alix. Actually, I think I swapped Alix and Dakota when I was naming them, so this might actually be Dakota. Either way, it's a red creme.


Dakota, which I'm pretty sure is actually Alix. I will fix my pictures later, but really, it's just a red creme.


Asia. Another red creme! Zzzzzz.... Snorefest.


Riley. Kind of a berry red creme.


Nina. Ah, that's more like it! Rich chocolate brown creme.



Sam. A pretty reddish brownish vampy color. I can't decide what color this is. Blood red? Brown?

Overall, the Vibe collection doesn't wow me. Sure, the colors are nice enough but none of them are unique, and the only one I can see myself wearing is Nina. Red lovers will love this collection, but it's just not for me. I rarely, if ever, wear red. The formulas were great, I only had application problems with Sam and Nina, which were on the thick side. A word of warning: all of these caused major staining when removed.


PULSE



Sloane. This might be my favorite from the Pulse collection. Unbelievably beautiful deep vampy sort of eggplant shimmer. It reminds me of those almost-black OPI shimmers like Black Cherry Chutney. I really love the way this look when light hits it.



Jacy. A really fascinating medium purple/plum color with purple shimmer. The shimmer is more subtle than the other colors in this collection. I like the muted purple color with the addition of purple/pink shimmer. Very interesting!



Rihana. This picture came out slightly brighter than real life. It's a very pretty purple or burgundy shimmer. Wow, I am really terrible at describing colors. All I know is that this color is awesome!


Mikka. Muted frosty purple. It's like a dusty looking purple with a veil of silver frost. I think this picture makes it look almost wine colored, but it's really purple. Why is it that my purples rarely photograph well? Maybe it was the sunset and the orange cast it was giving to some of the colors.


Blair. Awesome blackened red. Reminds me a lot of OPI Wine Me And Dine Me. I love this type of color that looks bright in the middle and dark around the edges!


Colbie. Almost identical to Blair, but more on the maroon side. Another one of those colors that's bright in the middle and dark on the edges! Maybe it's Mulberry?? I need to take a color describing class!

I *really* like the Pulse collection. All of the colors are extremely sexy, have depth and shimmer and all that good stuff. I see myself wearing every single one of these! The formulas were excellent, I had no application problems at all. They didn't cause much staining, surprising for such dark colors. I'm really impressed with the Pulse colors. They all looked so similar from the promo pictures, but in real life they're quite different! Love them.

I apologize for the quality of the swatches. They were very rushed and the lighting wasn't ideal. If I get some good lighting tomorrow (still playing around with my indoor lighting situation!) I'll try to get better, less blurry, more detailed swatches!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers