Friday, August 29, 2008

Givenchy Dandy Moire

I saw this lovely little gem on Sephora.com and I knew I had to have it. It looked so amazing in the picture, like a shimmering deep blue/green duochrome.

When it arrived, I felt a little shocked- from the picture it appeared to be a normal-sized polish, but it's actually extremely small- .18fl oz!! That's mini-size! And for $15? Damn! Is that somewhere around $80+ an ounce?? I admit, math is not my strong point, but something seems wrong.

Despite the small size and absurd price tag, this is a very pretty polish. In the bottle it shows a strong blue and green duochrome effect, but it (sadly) doesn't appear on the nail. The brush is very difficult to work with, and the formula is a little thick. Even with all of those flaws, the color still seems worth the headache. It's beautiful.


Dandy Moire.

It's a deep, dark midnight blue with blue, silver and green shimmer and just the tiniest hint of green reflection. It's quite stunning to look at in bright sunlight- very shimmery but not glittery. It looks almost like velvet with a dusting of iridescent sparkles.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm finishing up a bunch of your requests and should have them posted soon. I didn't forget about you! Every request is important to me, and I love doing them. I love doing them so much that I realized I have been spending a crazy amount of time playing with nail polish and sitting in front of my computer, and neglecting things that I should be doing... Like, oh, I don't know, folding the laundry that's been in the dryer for a week? LOL. Nail polish is much more fun than mopping, more fun than working out, more fun than making dinner or reading my growing stack of unread books...

Anyway, I'm babbling. I just wanted to let you know that I love doing your requests, even if it takes me a little while longer than I'd like to get them done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers