Friday, August 1, 2008

Random Swatches: Creative Nail Design (CND)

Thank you all SO MUCH for the photography tips! I'm going to play around with the different suggestions and hopefully I'll be able to take great pictures indoors on dark days! You guys are the best. Seriously. Love you all.

Anyway, since I haven't been able to do new swatches this week, I thought I'd post a few past nails-of-the-day that I liked. As much as I love new stuff (and I really, really love new stuff) sometimes I just have to go back to my old favorites.

This time I'm going to focus on CND. While I do not like the formula of these at all (they never actually dry, no matter what I do!) the colors are truly spectacular.

Polish Addict recently posted the announcement
that CND plans to discontinue almost all of their polishes and keep a core line. This is very sad. If you see a CND polish you like that's not on the list, grab it while you can!!


Okey Dokey Artichokey. Sort of an olive green weird pinkish duochrome. I love colors like this.


Cashmere. I'm not even sure how to describe this other than, "it's awesome".


Family Secret. Sort of a dirty taupe brown color with red shimmer.


Souvenir Junkie. Glowing hot fiery orange shimmer!


VIP Status. A really horrible picture of it, too. It's an incredibly shocking gold and holographic glitter polish that's positively blinding! It explodes with sparkle. I love it to death.



Black Platinum. I think the name covers it pretty well.


Cuppa Joe. I think this is tied with VIP Status and Disco Ball for my favorite CND polish of all time. This polish just makes me feel happy. *sigh*


Deep Velvet. I don't know how well this polish goes with my skintone, but I love the color of it. It really does look like deep velvet. Very interesting to look at.



Hotski To Tchochki. I'm not even entirely sure I spelled that right. This is not only super bright and sparkly, it wins the award of Hardest To Spell Nail Polish Name EVER.


These are only some of the unique and fascinating colors I have from CND, and it's so sad to hear that most of them will be gone soon. I guess I never really wear them very often because of the drying issue, but I sure do love to look at the bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers