Friday, September 12, 2008

Swatches: China Glaze Operation Color

Pics first and then my opinion!


Agent Lavender. Not really lavender, is it? It's more of a greyed-out blue/purple... Periwinkle?


Code Orange. Perfect pumpkin orange with a hint of red/pink shimmer.


Golden Opportunity. Golden yellow with subtle gold shimmer.


Pink Underground. Candy pink with silvery shimmer.



Revolution. Bright orangey red creme.


Secret Peri-wink-le. Dusty periwinkle blue creme.


Overall, I'm extremely disappointed in this collection. I really love the color of Code Orange, Agent Lavender and Secret Peri-wink-le, but the formula SUCKS.

They look really bad in these pictures because they were impossible to apply. They were so thick they wouldn't spread! Just a big sticky, gooey, globby mess. Shame on you, China Glaze!

The only exception was Revolution, which applied amazingly well. Too bad I don't wear red!

When I first saw pictures of this collection, I was confused. For a collection called "Operation Color" it's really not very colorful. It's really muted, "dusty", bland. I don't understand why this was called Operation Color- I think a different name would have been more appropriate for these faded looking shades.

I think I've fallen out of love with China Glaze. Aside from Rodeo Diva, their formula has been sucking lately. It's too thick, gooey, stringy and bubbly and it never dries. Unless they really wow me with some great colors, I might not be buying any more China Glaze! Bahama Blues looks interesting, so I'll give them a chance to redeem themselves.

Another thing I'm annoyed with is the fact that they never respond to their emails- I've emailed them at least half a dozen times without so much as an auto-reply! Again, shame on you, China Glaze! Companies should care about the consumer and make answering customer emails a priority! I guess they're too busy booking out-of-work strippers for their promo images to respond to emails. Hmmph!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers