Friday, September 19, 2008

Swatches: China Glaze Sleigh Ride

The Sleigh Ride trio is a set of three festive Christmas-themed glitters- Ruby Pumps (an old favorite), Tinsel and the brand spankin' new Emerald Sparkle. When you buy the trio they include a cute mini holiday-print nail file. Cute!

I'm freakin' thrilled to death with these. Emerald Sparkle could be my new #1 favorite polish. It's so unbelievably stunning- I can hardly contain my excitement over it. Observe:


Here's the set- three full sized bottles. Not minis! I had assumed they would be minis. They're not, yay!



Emerald Sparkle. I think my brain is going to short circuit. Am I really wearing this??? Is it real??? It's a deep emerald green base with tons of fine bright green glitter. It has depth, shimmer, sparkle, vibrant color, everything.... What's not to love? It even applied well! It only needs two coats, too. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ruby Pumps. Is it me, or is the new version slightly lighter than the old version? I'll have to go digging for my old bottle to compare, but it seems like it is. It's still gorgeous- golden orangey red glitter in a red jelly base. It looks lit from within. This is two coats.


Tinsel. A sheer silver glitter in what appears to be a sheer silver base. Very pretty, sparkly and delicate. Not too gaudy, either. The glitter is very fine, not chunky or rough. Takes three coats to achieve opacity.


I was also pleasantly surprised by how well these applied after all the bad luck I've been having with China Glaze lately. They were a little on the runny side, but that's definitely a huge improvement over the thick and gooey formulas I've been bitching about... All three of these polishes are winners- no complaints about any of them! They're perfect. Emerald Sparkle is pure genius.

I can even see glitter-haters loving Emerald Sparkle. It's too sexy not to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers