Thursday, July 3, 2008

Essie Fall 2008 Swatches!

This collection really surprised me. In the bottles the colors all looked like deep, rich creams but on the nail they pop! They're vibrant, saturated and somewhat translucent. I think it's what you would call a "jelly" finish. Really quite a nice effect, especially in these colors. Definitely unexpected.

They're all very feminine and glamorous, albeit a little "safe". Still, I think these will be perfect for fall and will hold up well against fall fashions.


Big Spender. This is surprisingly bright for a fall polish, but I'm not complaining. It's kind of similar to my favorite Essie Laced-Up Bootie, which was an old Ulta exclusive. Laced-Up Bootie is more muted and purple, but Big Spender is in the same vein.



Forever Young. WHOA! I didn't expect this. In the bottle it looks like a muted red cream, but on the nails it's a super-vibrant bright red with a translucent finish. You can sort of see my nail through it if you look hard enough. Reminds me somewhat of Essie Jelly Apple.


Lacy Not Racy. This looks awesome. I'm not sure how to describe this color- I can't figure out if it's cool or warm. All I know is it looks different on the nail than how it looks in the bottle, and it has that really cool almost see-through finish.


No Boundaries. Isn't this pretty? It's purple-plum, exactly the color I was hoping it would be. It's so smooth and applies effortlessly.


Swept Off My Feet. This is a strange color. It's not ugly, just strange. Like a dusty rose or mauve sort of color, very soft.


Tomboy No More. LOOK AT THIS! Holy smokes, this color is sexy! I don't even wear reds and I love this. It has the same awesome translucent jelly finish, but the color is so jewel-like, like a ruby or garnet or something. I'm not too good with my gemstones, but I know I could picture this on a queen's crown.


Overall, I'm happy with these. They all applied wonderfully, the polish was so smooth and just the right consistency. While they are very 'safe' colors, I can still see myself wearing them. The colors aren't terribly unique, but the finish is- I love the jelly texture of these, it's something I don't see very often. I thought they would be a lot darker, but they're really not very dark at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers