Monday, October 6, 2008

Magazine Manis

Now I'm cursing the fact that I don't have a functioning scanner... I just saw an awesome set of nails in a magazine, of all places! Magazines tend to feature or display models wearing one of three styles: naked nails, horrible french manicures and vampy nails in varying shades (black, burgundy, blue, BLAH).

The GOOD mani: Page 99 of this year's Glutes special issue from Oxygen: Perdita Felicien's Canadian Flag manicure is amazing! I can really only see the thumbnail, but it's painted with a perfectly formed Canadian flag. I love it!

The BAD mani: This month's Oxygen cover model Lindsay Messina has some of the worst pink and whites I've ever seen. They're thick, cloudy, unbalanced and there's about three or more weeks of outgrowth on them. GROSS!

The GOOD mani, BAD picture: October Allure, page 277. Model with a gorgeous metallic gold (Pro Manicure Nail Polish in Goldy Lucks by L'Oreal Paris) set of natural nails filed into stilettos. Unfortunately, she's CHEWING ONE OF THEM OFF! My teeth and fingers hurt just looking at it. I actually had to tear the page out because it was bothering me.

Have you seen an interesting mani in a magazine lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers