Thursday, October 9, 2008

Swatches: OPI Holiday 2008 - Holiday In Toyland

I've been drooling over the promo pictures for these since I first saw them months ago and now they're finally here!

It's a great collection and isn't a whole lot like what the promo pics suggest.

As always, click the images to view full size.


A Ruby For Rudolph. WOW! Sparkly!! As you can see in the bottle, there's even a tiny hint of gold in it.


Baby It's Coal Outside. Sparkly charcoal black. Very pretty, but could also be a twin to Misa Wishing On A Star.


Don't Toy With Me. Really truly gorgeous. It's a deep magenta-red with lots of shimmer. Reminds me heavily of OPI Merry Merry.


Girls Just Want To Play. A bright, summery red along the same lines as OPI Cajun Shrimp and OPI My Chihuahua Bites. So bright it almost glows.


Glamour Game. Unique silver/peach metallic duochrome with little flecks of shimmer. This is one of those streaky metallics and I had a difficult time applying it.


Little Red Wagon. Smooth and flawless berry red creme. A little more muted and fall-like.


Play Til Midnight. Or is it Russian Navy? It's a deep blue shimmer with little speckles of purple and red shimmer.


Red Hot Gift. Bright true red creme. Definitely red hot!


Rosy Mistle-toesies. Shimmery rosy red, almost a little frosty.


"Sheer" Your Toys. Weird name, cause it's not sheer at all. A strange color- metallic grey silver with copper glitter. It's like Gone Platinum In 60 Seconds with a handful of penny colored sparkles.


You're A Doll. Another strange color- greyed pinky peach with copper glitter. This one's like Rescue Beauty Lounge Grunge with the same copper glitter as "Sheer" Your Toys.

I'm missing Brand New Skates, but as soon as I get that one I'll add it here.

Overall, I'm digging this collection. None of look like what I expected them to look like from the pictures, but that's okay. I love the shimmer in these. It's not flat shimmer, it's kinda chunky-shaped. Not quite flaky but not round either. Even the reds are to die for. I don't normally wear red, but these have me wanting to wear red every day! They all applied beautifully, with the exception of Glamour Game which was runny and streaky. It seems like OPI has improved the formula a wee bit. I only got two defective brushes, too! As if that's something to celebrate...

These don't really scream 'holiday' to me... Some of them are even quite summery! However, every single one is gorgeous and the copper glitter is something I haven't seen before. Two thumbs up from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers