Thursday, October 16, 2008

Zoya Hot Lips!

I'm so excited to post about this. It's about makeup but still nail polish related!

I really like Zoya's nail polish, but it wasn't until recently I that I tried Zoya's Hot Lips lipgloss. I have a bit of a lipgloss obsession. Ask anyone who's looked in my purse and they'll attest to the fact that I have 15 or 20 liplosses in there at any given time. I think Hot Lips and I were meant to be, because it was love at first... swipe? Damn, that was cheesy. Remind me not to do that again.

Let me tell you what I like about Hot Lips. Bullet-style:

  • Awesome color selection
  • Moisturizing
  • No wand applicator (slightly more sanitary!)
  • They're flavored
  • They're inexpensive
  • They're not too sticky
  • They don't need to be reapplied every five minutes
  • They have cute names
These are more like a tinted balm than a gloss- they're really thick, smooth and glossy but not as sticky as my beloved MAC Lipglass. The shimmer shades aren't the least bit gritty. I really love the scent and flavor also. I can't quite put my finger on what it smells like... It reminds me heavily of those red, white and blue popsicles that I love to eat in the summertime. Somewhat fruity but not overpowering. I can't buy a lipgloss that isn't scented, and I was incredibly happy to learn that these smell and taste good, yay!

There aren't a whole lot of negatives about this product. In fact, I can only think of two:
  • They're so thick and balm-like that when it's cold out you have to squeeze the tube kinda hard to get the gloss to come out.
  • Some of the tubes have flat applicators (which are difficult to spread with) but some have round (much easier!).
I mentioned that they have a great color selection. They really do! I love every single shade I've tried, and they have shades varying from deep creme purples to light shimmery pinks and everything in between. Here are the ones I have:

(As always, click the images to enlarge. I leave them huge on purpose!)


Sparkle, Glimmer, Shimmer, Frosting, Blog, Starlet.


Alias, Voodoo, Visa, Exquisite, Girlygirl, Marachino, Disguise.



Take a look at the shimmer in these. It's stunning!





They're shimmery but *not* glittery. No chunks!!


The blue shimmer in Exquisite is so nice.


You know what else is cool? Matching your lipgloss to your nail polish.

Shimmer.


Glimmer.


Sparkle Gloss.



Shimmer, Glimmer and Sparkle.


I'm surprised that a company that makes awesome nail polish makes awesome lipgloss, too. I'm not a fan of OPI's lipgloss or Essie's lipgloss, so I wasn't expecting these to be so... freakin' sweet?

In case you're contemplating trying some of these, the codes are still good for a little while!
Code holiday for 10% off, or visit The Polish Poll to get a code for three free polishes (or basically a $20 credit).

You can purchase these directly from Zoya.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers