Friday, October 17, 2008

SuperStar Nail Lacquer - Official Nail Polish of the Emmy Awards

I recently got a chance to try out a brand-new brand of nail lacquer called SuperStar. I have to say, for a new brand, they sure have the nail polish formula right! First, pics of the colors:


Ari's Amethyst. A bright neon purple creme. My favorite of the bunch- I've worn it three times already and from me, that's saying something! It only needs two coats and it's smooth like butter.


It Girl Orange. HOT neon orange, this color seems impossible to capture on (digital) film. In person, it looks like it's glowing. It's bright, beautiful, retina-burning orange and it's definitely a head-turner.



Stacia's Hollywood Pink. Another super-glowing-bright neon, this one's a pretty true pink that leans a little on the blue-pink side. Again, my picture can not capture the gorgeous glow these seem to give off, it's nearly nuclear.


Now that I've posted the pics, I can ramble on about the formula. You guys, these are really nice. Normally neons tend to be thick and stringy, but these are perfectly smooth. They applied effortlessly, only needed 2 coats for Ari's Amethyst and Stacia's Hollywood Pink (It Girl needed three to be entirely opaque) and they dried very fast even without my beloved Seche Vite. These particular shades do require a topcoat, as they are neon and dry to a matte finish.

Superstar does have other shades besides these neons, and they all look right up my alley. There's one in particular that looks stunning- Gucci Green. They have metallic silver and gold, deep purple, duochrome white, and it even looks like they have a Ruby Pumps dupe!

The price point is reasonable- $8.50, on par with OPI and Essie.

Overall, I'm really impressed with these. Usually a new brand will have some kinks to work out, but these polishes are near perfect. They're some of the best neons I've used.

I'm pretty sure that the only place you can get these is from Stacia's Style Shoppe.

So, Superstar Nail Lacquer = Awesome! $8.50 each, wide variety of shades and available at Stacia's Style Shoppe.

Look, they even have a commercial!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers