Friday, June 13, 2008

Zoya Color Lock System, Day 1

I couldn't wait to try out my new Zoya Color Lock system, so I painted my nails at 8:00 last night.

So far, not so good.

I followed the instructions exactly. There was no oil on my nails, I waited for my base coat to dry, everything.

The first thing I noticed is that this takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r to dry. Like I said, I did my nails at around 8:00 last night, and this morning I could still dent them. I just can't wait that long for my nails to dry, it's not possible. I even used the Hurry Up drops and they did nothing.

The second thing I noticed is the MASSIVE BUBBLING. I have never, ever experienced bubbling this severe. I painted my nails indoors, away from any fans or vents, didn't shake the polish, had no oil on my nails, waited long enough between coats, used thin coats and still, bubbles.

The bubbling didn't appear right away, it started about 10 minutes into the drying process. It's so bad that my nails appear rippled and bumpy. To tell you the truth, I don't think I can keep this on long enough to test the wear. My nails look too awful right now.

See for yourself (click to enlarge and witness absurd bubbling):


This is one coat of Zoya Anchor, two thin coats of Zoya Indigo, one coat of Zoya Armor. It looks like my nails have warts or something. Gross.

But hey, look! Not even a hint of tipwear!

If I can hold out until this chips, you can count on me to post about it. I'm thinking at this point I might have to start over and try it again. I can't deal with the bubbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers